The success of the private-equity (PE) sector has created new challenges and is fundamentally changing the way private equity creates value:
- The attractive returns generated by private equity have attracted funds for new investment; more and more money chasing a limited supply of targets has complicated the task of finding attractive investment opportunities at the right price.
- The times when PE firms could create value through financial reengineering or massive cost-cutting are long over; today, the key to creating value is systematic performance improvement that generates top-line growth in a firm’s portfolio companies, in addition to margin improvement.
- Many of the acquisitions made by PE firms at the height of the pre-financial-crisis equity markets are now coming to maturity in a less forgiving market environment; this shift in market expectations has made preparation for a successful exit a necessary new capability for PE firms.
We are a team of more than 200 professionals dedicated to serving leading private-equity firms and their portfolio companies. We bring a deep familiarity with the challenges facing private equity, developed through more than 1,000 projects over the past five years. And we combine that with the extensive experience of BCG’s industry practice areas and the firm’s broad functional expertise in areas ranging from strategy and corporate development to operations and organization. Read More
- Restructure of a Private-Equity Portfolio Company
- BCG helped a European private-equity client restructure the complex internal organization of a shipping operator.
- read more
- Due Diligence Support for European PE Firm
- Learn how BCG helped a mid-cap private-equity player conduct one of the largest leveraged buyout deals in Europe.
- read more