Technology companies face many common challenges, whether they are in semiconductor devices or equipment, digital devices or network infrastructure, software or IT services. They operate in a global environment. The pace of change is rapid and driven by the unrelenting velocity of technology, the emergence of new competitors, the evolution of customer needs and expectations, and business-model innovations that reverberate across the world. As a result, they face a number of strategic and operational questions:
In what part of the value chain should they play?
What technologies should they invest in?
How do they create an ecosystem to support their competitive advantage?
How can they foster innovation and capture higher margins?
What are the most effective customer segmentation, value proposition, and marketing vehicles, and which segments should they target?
How can they fuel their growth?
As they grow, how can they organize to limit complexity, maintain agility, and drive performance?
How do they compete globally?
Our technology clients value our strategic understanding of their business and our operational ability to drive to concrete results across the organization as a whole and through each piece of the value chain—innovation and R&D, manufacturing, supply chain and sourcing, and sales and marketing. Read More
- Focus on Operational Excellence to Improve Valuation
- Find out how BCG helped a large health care company understand its poor TSR performance and improve valuation levels.
- read more
- Redesign of Computer Services Company Portfolio
- See how BCG helped a U.S. computer services company create a new vision and restructure its corporate portfolio.
- read more
- Turning Around a Major Medical Technology Company
- Find out how BCG supported a large medical technology company in improving efficiency and profitability.
- read more
Leveraging the Power of Big Data
BCG's IT practice area leader Ralf Dreischmeier participates in a panel discussion at The Economist's
Information Forum to explore what smart companies are doing to leverage the power of big data. view video
The Importance of Trust in the Era of Big Data
At The Economist's
Information Forum, BCG senior partner John Rose discusses why it's important to balance data mining with privacy protection. view video
Patrick Forth on the key capabilities required for companies to succeed in today's environment of rapid technological change.