Data is at the heart of all digital transformations, and to become data-driven, your company must modernize its IT legacy—such as ERP and mainframe systems. This will enable a massive ingestion of data and its usage across silos—as well as its accelerated processing.
Today’s latest technologies and new ways of working make it possible to break the compromise between building an industrial platform and achieving rapid results.
- APIs and microservices increase the modularity of applications across channels.
- Data lake technologies ensure that companies can ingest and store enormous amounts of structured and unstructured data and process it in real time, using an event-driven approach.
- Cloud migration delivers ubiquitous access to data.
At BCG, we believe that successful digital transformation requires companies to build an industrial platform for data and digital technology. Such a platform addresses the business use cases and starts small to move fast. It then scales up at an industrial level.
- The platform decouples the data layer from legacy systems to facilitate data sharing and usage.
- It provides an environment for developing an interface between digital services and digitized processes.